Yesterday after Mass I came downstairs to take the trash out through the garage and heard my washing machine dinging. You don’t want to know how many times auto-correct wanted to switch that to “singing.” I do happen to have a lovely blue pair of laundry appliances that the Japanese manufacturing company decided should sweetly ding and play happy tunes for me while doing the job we do together four times a day.
But yesterday the ding was for the “nd” error which meant the machine was not draining. Greeeaaaat.
So down on the floor I go to drain out the filter, the thinggummy, and the whatchamacallit. I did everything the troubleshooting guide suggested, and the machine seemed to work again.
Until the “nd” reappeared. Lather, rinse, repeat and repeat and repeat… Off and on all day. In denial about calling in a repair man, I closed up the laundry room at dusk and promised myself I’d tackle it in the morning.
So I did. This time I had a flashlight in hand and saw something far in the back of the filter. I’d already retrieved a button, hairband, and a flat plastic something. I took a long screwdriver and poked back there, which caused a minor deluge. The second time I did this, the machine cycle ended with a happy song, and not an error ding. Whereupon I reopened the filter bar and found this:
On the plus side, my washer is completely operational again, and I didn’t have to call in a repairman! Time to go get the next load now. Signing off.