1) I finally took a video of Sunshine and her “speed-kneel” method of locomotion. I definitely wanted to do that before she decided that walking is the preferred method of ambulation, or before she wears out her precious little knees. 😉 This, of course, has nothing to do with packing.
2) The Christmas decorations are put away! I was paying more attention to boxing up our mountains of books (we love books), that I ignored the pile of Christmas decor in our bedroom waiting to return to the attic until this past Monday. Now, however, the decor is heading to the storage unit in anticipation of going to a new attic soon.
3) Also in anticipation of the move, I challenged myself to an early session of 40 bags for 40 days. I didn’t do very well on that event last year, mainly because I had already done what I thought was a satisfactory declutter while nesting before Sunshine was born a year ago January. Now I’m definitely motivated and, faced with boxing up our entire house, can more clearly discern what we NEED or WANT to keep aside from the stuff we really…don’t. Waiting for Lent is not an option as we will possibly be fully resident in the New Haus by Ash Wednesday. So, here’s my progress since January:
- 9 bags or items in the trash.
- 2 boxes of books to take to the Buy/Sell/Trade bookstore.
- 2 boxes of things to donate.
I know it doesn’t look like much, but that’s because I’ve mainly been boxing up books, as I said.