Yes! I did three things this week!

It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that.

1) I canned 12 pints of Peach & Rum Conserve and 5 pints of Ginger Peach Jam. Doing this in a semi-timely fashion enabled me to use up about 85% of the giant basket of peaches I purchased, the remaining 15% doomed for the compost pile.  This is an improvement over the strawberries, showing I am getting a little better about canning shortly after purchasing the produce.

2) I managed to tame the laundry pile back to a reasonable size.  It didn’t help over the past week that all five sets of bedsheets needed washing as well as my summerweight down comforter.  Wow–that was a huge pile to fold.

3) The 7-day library rentals were all returned on the seventh day.  Huzzah!

3 thoughts on “Yes! I did three things this week!

  1. Good for you, HF! Are you feeling mostly okay? I’ve been very impressed by your achievements each week–especially since you’re expecting! I have been barfing less and less, and was even well enough to go on vacation last week! We had a blast, but I am very sluggish this week.

  2. I’m so glad to hear you had a vacation. 🙂 Yes, I’m feeling pretty well, actually. The progesterone helped (of course, it just adds to the tsunami of hormones, so the mood swings aren’t always pleasant ;)). However, there are some things I can’t bring myself to do right now. Canning homemade tomato sauce, for instance. Somehow it makes me gag looking at all those pureed tomatoes! That’s not good–my garden is beginning to yield a ton of ripe tomatoes!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s